Re: SU airfilters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU airfilters
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 22:11:18 EDT
Kelvin Dodd said, "Seriously, it sounds like the shortened spacers and
ramflos' will do
the job.  I think the K & N is a better filter, but it is much more
expensive.  What price cool? "

When I put dual SU HIF 4s on my 1977 MGB I had air filter problems until I
realized me driver side motor mount was installed upside-down.  Once I
corrected that problem, and installed the pancake chrome air filters from
"The Proper MG" (SAF002K "Set of two" $29.90) I had no further problems, and
I didn't have to cut down the spacers.  The Proper MG seems like a pretty
good company, except for the two-week shipping time to here in central
California.

Good luck with the SU conversion!

Steve Sanchez
1977 MGB fully smogged, and waiting for it's biannual SU transplant.

PS.  Kelvin:  Bob Sankey said to say "Hi".  ;~)