Door switch on '69 B

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door switch on '69 B
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:45:19 -0700
Well I ignored the advice of lister and went and bought a door (dome) switch
and:
1. I didn't need it and,
2. The new one did not fit.

My switch has a slightly smaller OD so the new switch will not fit through
the door jamb hole without some unneeded rework! The switch is for 71-80
B's, so if anyone needs a switch just send me a self addressed envelope and
they can have this one. But first clean yours, it's easier and faster than
swapping it out. Just be sure to add a little Vaseline to the contacts once
you've sanded them. This will keep them from corroding in the damp
inner-door environment (at least here in the Northwest!!).

So now that I have interior light, I must replace the leaking heater valve.
I will flush the heater core and the radiator while I've got it all apart.
Anything I should watch for? Should I permatex the heater valve gasket and
the thermostat gasket (I'm going to test this while I have the system down
also)??

Thanks in advance, and yes I will listen to the list better, I promise..I
promise!!

Kind regards,

Tim Economu
4131 Springwater