Fw: Future of hobby and other matters

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Future of hobby and other matters
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:48:41 -0700
Must have gone to the wrong place first time, so I will try again...

My family of 5, an SO, 3 boys (2 teenagers - one driving), all traveled to
the Portland All British Field Meet last weekend, and I have some
observations.

1. It is great fun for the whole family to see all these great LBC's in one
place.
2. Teenagers DO like these cars, in general, especially if they are a little
"tricked" out with a special color, engine modification, or body feature.
3. The whole family liked the slalom race, especially the quick Morris (yes
it's not an oxymoron!) that actually broke and got fixed in it's first
heat!!
4. Not a lot of families attended on the day we were there (Sunday).
5. Organizers should more proactively promote the event for families,
including family rates for entrance.
6. Each son had his picture with the car of his choice, which now has become
the background for our computer "desktop" for the next few weeks.

My .02....bring your families or friends to these events. The cars are
beautiful and fun to see.

FYI..."Mona" my '69 BGT had a wonderful journey from Whidbey Island to
Portland, but I didn't see many LBC's on the road??

Kind regards,

Tim Economu
email: economu@whidbey.com

>> Snip>
>The LBC clubs I belong to, on the other hand, are
>dominated by a bunch of very nice "old farts" and very few new or younger
>members.  So, the question arises, what will happen when the old guard dies
>off?
>> Steve said
>I am sure that we all have nieces/nephews/younger
cousins/grandchildren/etc.