Re: McGovern Leaves....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: McGovern Leaves....
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:26:38 +0000
Neil Cotty wrote:

> Whats more important, and living in Australia where MGF's
> are super common, it's just wonderful to see the badge!

Yep, lets keep rubbing it in :-)

> I remember getting quite emotional the first time I saw one.

I love it when you pull up along side one at the lights.  You will get
the attention of passers-by either looking at the "snazzy" MGF or the
"classic" MGB ... then see the expression on their face change when they
(well, some of them) recognise that they are looking at 30 years of
motoring history right in front of them.  It frequently draws a smile -
with dads pointing it out to their sons and starting a few flashbacks to
their own youthful exploits.

Although the 'F driver is less likely to smile and wave to you
(sometimes it even seems that they don't recognise the heritage of their
car grrr) I have had some enthusiastic responses.

One time when I followed an 'F for quite some miles until we finally
went our seperate ways - the young (cute) female driver, who it seemed
had not even noticed me in her mirrors, smiledand waved and tooted when
we parted!  She was either just being "cool" up to that stage - or she
thought I was a crazed stalker.

Now, ain't it fun being a part of this "club" of ours - most people
NEVER experience this sort of stuff!!

If it has an MG badge... it *is* an MG!!!

Eric
'68MGB MkII