...bought an MG...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ...bought an MG...
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:39:55 -0700
Hello.

I have just acquired 1979 MGB vehicle number GHN5UL497410G

I know ZIP about MG's... My background is Triumphs.

Some questions:

Do those vehicle numbers tell you guys anything?  (State or origin,
etc?)

I need to put new tires on this puppy.  What would be the most "correct"

tires to install that are, preferably, not rare, obscure and expensive!?

Does anyone have a parts car of that year.... or, perhaps, a car that
you modified...   as I may need to get all the smog equipment back on
this puppy including a single carb set-up.   In a perfect world, there's

someone out there that put webbers on their car or something, and have
all this junk in a box somewhere!   I'm assuming it's a california
car...so I'd prefer to stick with California equipment.  Carb, manifold,

catalytic converter, all that stuff!  Please let me know!

What am I doing with an MG?  ...Not that I don't like the marquee.  I'll

answer that one myself when I figure it out myself!   All assistance
would be appreciated.

--Justin
Los Angeles