Re: Brake Master cylinders

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <mmgro@renc.igs.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Master cylinders
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 10:38:23 -0500
Do you want new or rebuilt? I just went through the master cylinder saga on
my B, and I think you get what you pay for. You might consider getting a new
one from Moss - about $ 90 USD. After getting and installing a "bargain" M/C
rebuild, it didn't work (front piston no pressure), and I sprung for the
$210 rebuild from White Post in Virginia(lifetime guarantee). If you really
want to go the rebuilt route you should check around at your local chain
auto parts stores. YMMV, but installing a faulty M/C rebuild is a real
pain - I'd want to do it right the first time.
Dan
73 B