engine rebuild

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine rebuild
From: "DWADE REINSCH" <dreinsch@tenet.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 11:33:28 -0500
Good morning.

I blew out a piston a couple of months ago in my 77 MGB and started this
morning to put it back together.  Here's the problem.  The pistons were
.040 and the rod bearings were .010.  This was stamped on the old parts.
I've got a new set of pistons and rod bearings and so the first thing I did
was slip one piston down into the engine, with no rings on it, and put on
the rod cap.  When I tightened it up, it I couldn't turn the engine any
more.  It was tight!  Any suggestions as to what to try next?

TIA.

dwade