Re: Fiero vs. Miata Seats

To: justinl8@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Fiero vs. Miata Seats
From: Michael J Robson <miker15@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 21:50:06 -0400

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:54:11 -0700 (PDT) Justin Lehrer
<justinl8@yahoo.com> writes:
> List,
>
> I have been planning on installing Miata seats in my
> 79B for some time.  As I understand it, they bolt in
> pretty easily (two holes need to be drilled though),
> and they offer the added benefit of speaker brackets
> in the headrests.  This weekend at the Palo Alto
> event, I learned that Fiero seats apparently bolt
> right in with no modifications other than switching
> sides (driver side fiero seat fits on passenger side
> of MG and vice versa).  Does anyone have any
> experience to back this up?
>
> All thoughts appreciated.
>
> Justin Lehrer
> justinl8@yahoo.com
> Redwood City, CA
> 1979 MGB Red (Daily Driver)

you're correct about the Fiero seats - several listers that i know of
have them (Jim Brucato, Adam Deutsch for two) plus Pender has them in his
V8-  but if you want to see Fiero seats to perfection - Take a look at
Dave Deersons GT - I know Rick Brown has some pics scanned onto his page
but i dont have the URL handy - are you there Rick??
Its a good conversion!!

mike rrobson
69 roadster
70 BGT