Re: How hard is it to fix rust behind the doors in an MGB?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How hard is it to fix rust behind the doors in an MGB?
From: ya632@victoria.tc.ca (artworks@bigfoot.com) (Paul Nelson)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 19:24:53 -0700
>Looking at a car for a friend.  Noticed it has bubbling of the paint behind
>the doors on both sides of the car.  Since rust is our major enemy, what
>more should I look for in this spot?  Thanks in advance,  Nina

Look for rusty sills and rocker panels, for rust in fender just behind
lights, for the door starting to break apart at the top just between the
fly window, and for rusty floors.  Check the jack mounts under the car and
the cross members.  Also wheel wells.  California roadsters frequently have
had wet rugs and the floor rusted right through.
Paul Nelson