Tachometer conversion

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tachometer conversion
From: "ldsp" <ldsp@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:23:57 -0500
Alright lets see if I can explain this without messing up too bad. I am
trying to convert an electronic positive ground tach to neg ground. Smiths #
RV12401/00 out of a 64 midget, works great on pos grnd presently. I went to
PDLJMPR and followed the directions until the part about a green wire and
reversing the resistor and a green wire. on my tach there is only one lug
out the back of the tach and no green wire which ultimately goes to a diode
on the circuit board closest to the tach face. The infamous Alan F. took
apart one of his tach's for me and sure enough the green wire was present on
his so what gives. I am missing according to info 1 spade post on the back
of the tach and a green wire which connects to it then to a post on the
circuit board closest to the tach face. So that leads to my next question.
Looking at the wiring diag for the midget there is 1 grn wire that hooks to
the spade connector (which inside the tach is connected to the resistor) the
grn wire originates at the flasher unit which is fed from the fuse (term 4)
so it would logically be the hot wire. Next is the white loop which has to
be reversed ,The white wire starts at the ignition switch  and goes to the
tach, 2 loops then to the sw side of the coil (is it not like a current
transducer and what you are actually doing is changing the current polarity
?)  And then are the 2 indicator lamps. So if I am missing a spade connector
on the back of the tach ( the one the green wire inside the tach is supposed
to be hooked to) what wire out of the wiring harness is supposed to connect
to it as it does not show up on any of my wiring diagrams. Any help would be
appreciated.

Leo