Re: My Time during Floyd,, Not Much LBC Content

To: SpuriousV8@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My Time during Floyd,, Not Much LBC Content
From: "Dan Dwelley" <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:32:57 PDT
Glad to see you made it. :o)

Actually, the docks my seem more secure but they're not. You can never tell
what the storm surge will do and a dock is NOT the place to be! At the dock,
you're stuck between a rock and a hard place...no real options if it hits
the fan.

Dan Dwelley (Ex Coastie)
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:44:18 EDT, SpuriousV8@aol.com wrote:

> Here is what I did last night !
>                 Had a hell of a night out here on the water last night,
Had
> to deal with 3 hrs of shear terror of chasing floating equipment around,
(and
> it just wasn't me either) as the Coast Guard made every company in NY
Harbor
> move thier barges to Anchorages in the Hudson River, instead of leaving
them
> more secure at docks outside of ballasted barges. The wind here in the
Hudson
> was blowing sustained winds of 70 MPH with higher gusts for that time last

> night, now just down to 30 - 40 gusting to 60 today.
>                 As for my cars, I have no idea of how they did in the
storm,
> I do know that I have electric and my answering machine is still working.

>                 Hope you all had a better night than I did last night.
>
> So Hopefully it will be Safety Faster
> Jim Brucato ,, working on the water
> 1980 MGBV8  I still hope, and not a compact
> 1964 MGB ,,,,, Ditto

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.