Re: Still going..

To: neilc@apphosting.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Still going..
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:33:47 EDT
In a message dated 9/22/99 2:52:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
neilc@apphosting.com writes:

<< I still feel pretty good tho., the front end is done, and *hopefully* I may
 be mobile again on the weekend! WooHoo! :) I just can't wait to try out
 these new carbs and anchors!! :) >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Having just finished changing the bearings on my '77 Midget, I know the
feeling of getting the job done.  And every job has it's unforeseen problems.
 Only Sherlock Holmes could figure them out better that the listers!

I was stripping the last hub (RF) I had to do, when I noticed that one of the
rotor bolt heads was stripped!  I didn't know how I was going to get it off.
The head is recessed into the hub, so I couldn't get the angle grinder in
there.  I took the proper socket and hammered it onto what remained of the
bolt and was able to get enough grip to turn it!  Whew!  I'm glad Ed Kaler
forced me to buy those new rotor bolts when I ordered the other parts.

Good luck with whatever else your A is going to throw at you.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport