Gauge question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gauge question
From: MGRagtop@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:02:00 EDT
Hello All... I am wondering what the correct gauges are for my 1963 MGB. My
car has  Jaeger fuel gauge and tachometer, and Smiths speedometer and
combined oil pressure/water temperature gages. My car is an early 63, it was
built in May of 63. I have heard that the very early B's had Jaeger gauges,
was it common for the factory to mismatch things?  The car could have been
built when they were phasing out the Jaeger and bringing in the Smiths, but I
don't even know if these gauges are original to the car. Right now I am OK
with the set up I have, everything works-but I may want to go to an original
gauge package in the future. I have never heard of a mismatch from the
factory, If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Stephen P Bartley
Portsmouth NH
1963 MGB