Re: Gauge question

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gauge question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 12:41:15 -0700
According to Clausager, the instruments were always made by Smiths, but
marked "British Jaeger" until October 1964, coinciding with the
introduction of the 5-main 18GB engine and the change to an electronic
tachometer.

So it sounds like your speedo and combo gauge have been replaced. But you
could be right about it being a factory phaseout thing, it wouldn't
surprise me. At any rate, the tach has to be correct since it's of a pair
with your engine.

MGRagtop@aol.com had this to say:

--

Max Heim