Re: Aftermarket parts are crap

To: "don" <brgmgb@napanet.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aftermarket parts are crap
From: "ldsp" <ldsp@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 06:29:43 -0500
I also just purchased a trunk seal for a 64 Midget from THE BIGGEST Supplier
and installed it and it forced the trunk lid to sit about 1/4 inch higher
which definitely could not be left that way. I measured the flange lip on
the trunk sealing area and it measured 8/32 high, then measured the inside
dimensions of the rubber and it was 15/32. Guess how come it sets up 1/4
inch higher. A call to the tech service dept and the answer was ( we have
had no problem with it ). How hard can it be to take an original piece and
copy it to make the mold?? Another example, Buy a hood seal for a Bugeye, it
will be about 1/4 to 3.8 too thick ( you will get the same answer as in the
first example ) Any body got a NOS hood seal for a Bugeye.

Leo