74 MGB clutch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 74 MGB clutch
From: Brian DeFord <bdeford@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 20:46:38 -0400
I took the cap off of my clutch master cylinder and watched the fluid level
and compared it with what I've seen on brakes.

In my 69 Dodge Coronet, the fluid level would immediately rise when the
brake pedal was depressed, and would immediately fall when the pedal was
released.  Simple.

With my MGB clutch, the fluid rises immediately when the clutch pedal is
depressed, but is very slow in falling when the pedal is released.  It is
during this "slow fall", that the clutch either works poorly or not at all.

Is this "slow fall" normal?  Does it tell me what component is causing my
problem?

Brian DeFord, Open Networks, Inc.
bdeford@erols.com    http://users.erols.com/bdeford

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that
loves is born of God, and knows God.  He that loveth not knoweth not God;
for God is love." - the Apostle John (1 John 4:7-8)

"Greater love has no man than this: that he lay down his life for his
friends." - Jesus (John 15:13)

1958 Cadillac Sedan Deville (365 V8)
1993 Dodge Intrepid ES (3.5L V6)
1974 1/2 MG MGB