Re: Head gasket repair

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head gasket repair
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:41:09 -0700
That does seem a little high since they will doubtless find something
else to spend your money on once they're in there...

; >

Pulling the head is not that difficult to DIY, it just takes, oh, an hour
or two, depending on how careful and methodical you are. The question is,
do you have enough knowledge to be able to tell what caused the failure
once you have it off? If you don't feel competent to judge, and can't
find a helper who is, you may be better off going to the shop. Depending
on the mileage and condition of your engine, this may be the time to have
the head rebuilt, since it's coming off anyway.

M. Edwin Vaughan had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149