Re: Head gasket repair

To: "M. Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Head gasket repair
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:21:27
At 09:37 AM 9/29/99 -0500, M. Edwin Vaughan wrote:
>I took my '77 B to repair shop and they quoted me $800 to replace the head
gasket. Is this par for the course? ....

No way!  I recently changed an intake valve in my MGA, which included the
new head gasket, and I had it done in two hours flat including the cleanup
and test drive.  $800 might cover labor for an entire engine transplant,
maybe even with a basic vlave job thrown in.  Find another shop and don't
look back.  Or better yet, do it yourself for the meager cost of materials.

$0.02,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg