Heater / radio questions

Subject: Heater / radio questions
From: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 21:40:50 -0500
I've got two niggles to make my 76 B a really nice
daily driver again:

I recently bought a new heater valve control
cable.  The old one was in bad shape; the cable
was stuck to the rubber housing.  Well the new one
is a metal cable in a metal housing.  My
question:  How is this cable routed in a US spec
B?  No matter how I do it, whenever I turn the
knob, the valve doesn't move and the cable just
compresses in its housing.  I know that the valve
moves; I can move it w/a screwdriver easily.

Here's the crazy one.  My radio is acting crazy.
At first the radio just took a while to come on.
Then it worked.  Then I pushed the brake pedal and
it quit working.  At the same time, the blower for
the A/C fan quit too.  Any ideas on that one?  The
#3 fuse is fine.  The blinkers, brake lights,
heater fan, wipers still work.

Thanks!

--
Tyson Sherman