Re: Heater / radio questions

To: "Tyson Sherman" <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>,
Subject: Re: Heater / radio questions
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:14:59 +0100
Can't speak for the routing in the US B, but the cable sounds the same as in
both of mine.  At rest the sheath is a coil with the turns fully compressed.
When I open the valve the knob pulls on the inner, which tries to compress
the turns of the sheath even more, which it can't so it just opens the
valve.  When I close the valve the knob pushes on the inner, which tends to
stretch the sheath, and I have had problems here on the V8 - the valve was
stiff to close and all the movement of the knob just served to stetch the
outer, not close the valve.  Whren you fitted the cable did you make sure
that the knob was in the same position as the valve?  i.e. both open or both
shut?

Radios are usually wired to the accessory position of the ignition switch,
which has a white/green from the switch to an in-line fuse, and green/pink
from the fuse to the circuits (which can also include wipers and washers) so
you can have it on while the engine is off, but not leave it on when the key
is out of the ignition.  The stop light switch should be wired to the green
circuit, i.e. the 3rd fuse down (or 2nd fuse up).  What is your A/C blower
wired to?  Does it have an in-line?  Do the brake lights still work?

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )
(http://194.168.54.52/paul.hunt1)