Re: Exhaust systems

To: "DENNIS COX" <djc@appsig.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust systems
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 23:32:00 -0400
I've been very happy with my Peco.
Fit was flawless. It's relatively quiet (and in a GT you hear more of the
moans and groans of the drive line and etc than you would in a ragtop)
I went to #7 needles due to the low back pressure
The Peco on a B has the advantage of design....
that is to say.... the center long branch works better with the
B's 'dual port' center exhaust port. The Maniflow would be of
equal performance if you had four ports like the Spitfires 1500

getting roughly 26 MPG 'round town with some short highway runs thrown in.

A friend with a B coupe was quite surprised by my 'pick up'
one day when we traded keys for a quick run around the block.

Paul Tegler
1973 MGBGT - daily driver
1980 Spitfire - in re-hab
1978 Spitfire - in superb Shape