Re: Smiths Instrument bezels and rubbers wanted

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Smiths Instrument bezels and rubbers wanted
From: David Tulchinsky <tulch@ccsalpha3.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:15:35 -0400
O-rings are really easy to make.

To make/repair an o-ring all you need is a razor blade, some super
glue and some sandpaper.  Measure to length.  Cut the rubber
material at a 45 degree angle on both ends so they match up when
formed.  Super glue the ends together.  When dry, sand the joint to
make it smooth.  Thats it.

They also come in a vast array of sizes if you don't want to make one.
Parker O-rings is a big supplier.
Check out www.parker.com/o-ring/Products/sizes.htm

Note, I'm just a end user and have no interest in the company.

-Dave