Re: Steering column UJ

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering column UJ
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 13:59:09 +0100
I had to replace mine a while ago because it failed the MOT.  12 months and
3k miles later I was doing a pre-MOT check, and it felt loose again.
However when I took the assembly off it wasn't the UJ itself that had the
play but the cups in the yoke.  Went back to my supplier and complained, and
he said "Ah, your yoke is worn".  "Oh no it isn't", I said, and produced the
old cups that were still a snug fit in the yoke.  He replaced the UJ.

Just goes to show what I always say - "If you haven't found a use for
something yet, you haven't kept it long enough".

PaulH.