Re: Towing

Subject: Re: Towing
From: Albert F Jones <fisher@hctc.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 06:48:32 -0500
Good morning Herb,

        I must apologise if you took offense at my off-the-cuff remark.
Whenever
this topic comes up there is always an amazing amount of controvesy, and
the discussion seems to go on interminably, with everyone placed firmly in
one camp or the other.  Frequently the messages begin to deteriorate in
civility and technical knowledge, making one happy that all this is
discussed 'from a distance' rather than face to face - fur could easily fly.

        My foolish remark was meant to introduce a note of levity before the
antagonists could begin to bare their teeth, yet again.

        I won't make my own opinions on the matter here, I don't want to start
another debate.  Suffice it to say that I _do_ have one, and _should_ you
be interested I would happily supply it 'off-list'.

        Again, I offer you my sincere apologies if  my attempt at humour fell on
stoney ground.

Elizabeth

>Thanks Kai,  You had the only  intelligent reply to my question.
>
>Herb

So, who is going to hang Herb by his thumbs?

Elizabeth