Re: powder coat

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: powder coat
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 00:38:16 +0000
Rhbuxton@aol.com wrote:

> I was looking through the Eastwood catalog the other day and saw an ad
> for their powder coat system.  My wire wheels are painted and a pain,
> I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with powder coated
> wire wheels. It seems as though it might make keeping them clean
> easier and get rid of the painting ritual.  Any thoughts on the
> subject?

My 'new' second-hand wheels are powder coated - they look great and are
easy to clean (just a quick squirt with high pressure water seems to do
the trick).  They have been around a few times yet show no really
noticable chips in the surfaces.

Compared to my former painted wires these are wonderful and look like
they could be very low maintenance.

YMMV

Eric
'68MGB MkII

PS  OK, bring on the horror stories - I have braced myself!