RE: Copper silicone gasket goo on head

To: Enrique Claure <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Copper silicone gasket goo on head
From: Joe Short <buster_balz@operamail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 08:29:15 -0400
If that's the copper based RTV sealant don't use it on a head gasket. There
is a specific head hasket adhesive for copper gaskets. It can be found in
shops that cater to the rod and custom crowd. The RTV that comes in a tube
will not work and soon you'll have a leaking head gasket at the very least.
If that gunk gets into the engines cooalnt or oil circulation, then your in
for big trouble.

>===== Original Message From Enrique Claure <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo> =====
>I bought this copper based gasket goop that I put on most of my engine
>rebuild. It withstands 1800F way above standard op temperature of the head
>and engine. I feel the extra adhesion is a bonus considering the high
>compression pistons and cam configuration I am using it on my head also.
>Any comments? Enrique

Joe
'75 B Roadster
    Lowered and loud.