RE: Off topic - welders

To: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>
Subject: RE: Off topic - welders
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:54:25 -0700
Gerry:

        I am seconding Larry's idea.  Typically the local gas/welding supply
companies have competitive prices on entry level professional machines.  The
Lincoln is the perfect example.  I started out with a cheapo unit, but
bought a prof. sized tank and high quality flow meter.  When the cheapie
unit started to get temperamental I offed it and bought the Lincoln 10/15.
        The local shop is the place that will continue to supply you
technical help, wire and accessories.  I use my welder for all kinds of home
stuff too.  I built work benches, a keyboard stand, bookshelves and am
planning on building a welded frame storage shed.

Kelvin.