Re: Wild Tac

To: MGB73 <mgb73@earthlink.net>, mgs List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wild Tac
From: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 23:04:07 -0400
The problem is in the distributor. That short, flexible insulated wire near the
points is about to break. When it does, the car will die, will not restart and
the tach will die when the engine stops. Solder in another wire in parallel.
Don't remove the old wire. I don't think you can buy a replacement. Use a good
etching flux before soldering. It's not easy to get a good solder connection,
but you can do it. And BTW, don't blame the car, that wire's been flexing for
26 years... how's your back been lately.

Jim