Window winding, Thanks !

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Window winding, Thanks !
From: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:48:22 +0200
I've been away from the office foor a week, thats why this response comes a
bit late.
Sprayed the channels, rubber on top of the door, with lots of silicone
spray, life is now much better.
On my first trip, both windows was constantly going down and up. They have
changed from 'almost braking the winder' to ' firm'

MPG has improved to, I think ?

Also:
I have had some problems with some leaks in the exhaust system, on my SS,
with one long sentre pipe.

 I had some problems starting the car in wery cold weather. Suddely lots of
gas in the exhaust system exploded, with an increased exhaust leak as
result. The original clamp was a ring, with only one tightening bolt, so I
did not get preassure on both sides of the exhaust pipe joint. Went and
bought a 'standard' mclamp, u-shaped bolt, with u-shaped clamp. I still had
some noice. it was the manifoil gasket that blew. Carefully loosened the
bots, bent the manifoil a centimetre back, and carefully put one some
exhaust-paste. Started the car, no high rpm, stopped it when the enine got a
bit warm.
Then i took it for a test drive. NO EXHAUST LEAK, what a joy. Some popping
from the hard metal on the front, but much better.
A bit noise from the system, beautifull from behind the car. The new clamps
did it.
Even cornering is now better, I think.

BTW.
It is starting to get dark in the evening, here in Oslo. Poor front light.
Thought they where better, hmmmm.....
Remember, I changed the rear springs, which increased the rear height. This
means that the beam points more down. This means I can hopefully wait with
the frontlight relay installation.

RGDS

1970 mgb gt
1987 MB 230E