RE: Should I rebuild?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Should I rebuild?
From: "Tony Woodruff" <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:41:32 -0700
So, if the Weber problem is the float setting - does anybody have a good link
to where I can find some information about how to adjust it?  I took the air
filter and brackets off the carb last night and didn't really see where
adjusting would take place.  I would prefer not to buy the Haynes Weber manual
if I can get away with it (I'm still not sold that the Weber is as good as the
SU.)

BTW - If any of you have an extra (used) copy of the Haynes SU carb workshop
manual that you'd like to sell, please e-mail me privately.

Thanks again,

Tony Woodruff
dryfly@geocities.com

> On the 67 MGB roadster, I am going to remove the
> Weber downdraft carb and replace it with the
> original equipment SU's.  I'm not happy with the
> Weber for various reasons.  Mostly a hesitation
> and generally bad running at low engine speeds
> when giving it gas.  Once the engine speeds up
> and I'm moving along the Weber is great.

Can't help you with the SU's, but your Weber problem is
float setting.

I guess that is academic now anyway.