Re: [power drop]

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [power drop]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:40:43 -0700
This happened to me once. In my case it was a piece of debris stuck in
the carb jet, causing an intermittent loss of power (must have been
bouncing around in the float tank). After cleaning it out, it happened
again. I replaced the gas filter and so far, so good. But I imagine I
will need to thoroughly clean out the fuel tank at some point.

Thinking about it, though, in my case the power drop was due to running
on one carb. In your single-carb situation, it probably would have killed
the engine with fuel starvation. Or would it?

Steve Conley had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149