Re: Clutch use (was throw out bearing)

To: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch use (was throw out bearing)
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:17:07 -0500
Hi Nina,

  When I get stuck in stop and go traffic I don't move until thare's at
least a car length open in front of me, then I chug along in 1st gear.
I try to minimize sitting with the car in gear and the clutch pedal
depressed.

  In slow freeway traffic I leve a couple of car lengths open in front
of me (I don't care if somebody cuts in in front of me) so that I can
proceed continuously in a lower gear, watching as far ahead as I can
see.  If I see brake lights come on 20 cars ahead I know to slow down.
The idea is to try not to be forced to stop.

  CR