Fuel Pump Stroke

To: "mgs-digest list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Pump Stroke
From: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 07:35:16 -0400
Thank you to Hans, Bob and Paul.

I readjusted exactly as Paul recommended, according to the Hayne's manual
and I would suggests that others follow that advice although it should
probably work just fine with any close setting.  A longer stroke might
stretch the diaphragm or put out excessive pressure and cause flooding.

>It *is* important to get reliable contact operation.  The workshop manual
>describes it thus:  "With the pump held horizontally, slowly unscrew the
>diaphragm while at the same time actuating it, until the rocker just throws
>over.Unscrew the diaphragm until the hoes are aligned, then unscrew it a
>further quarter of a turn (four holes)."

<PaulH.

Fred Pixley
Napanee, Ontario, Canada
fpixley@kingston.net