RE: Fuel Pump Stroke

To: "'Fred Pixley'" <fpixley@kingston.net>,
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump Stroke
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:44:40 +0200
I cleaned the contacts without loosening the adjustment setting.
I did not sand the contacts, but cleaned these with a whetstone.
Works fine now. Contacts were havily pitted, the stroke is a bit longer than
original.
I checked the gap according the Haynes manual ones and it still was perectly
within limits.
So i have drawn the conclusion the adjustment is not very critical, once the
basic settings are not touched.
One easily can replace the contacts if needed in the same way and I expect
no problem as well.
New contacts need to be soldered in though...

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT - New Racing Green BLVC25 now picture available....