'B Trunk Locks

To: mgs List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 'B Trunk Locks
From: "Ruggiero, Larry Maj (Robins AFB)" <Larry.Ruggiero@afrc.af.mil>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:41:18 -0400
Listers: is it me, or has anyone else had trouble fitting replacement MGB
trunk locks? Seems like the little cam swivel fitting actuated by the push
button doesn't move the catch arm enough to unlatch the trunk lid, despite
its adjustability. Of course, when this occurs after you've permanently
secured the handle assembly into the lid with the big circular nut, it's big
drill time to drill out the lock assembly! I've gone through 2 replacements
like this, which originally happened after the retaining bolt for the
aforementioned cam swivel fitting backs off and falls into the trunk (yeah,
I know, the next one will see loctite...)  FWIW, the replacements have been
Rover items...TIA!

Larry Ruggiero
'72 B (scotch tape does a nice job of keeping rain outta the hole, but looks
tacky)