Re: 'B Trunk Locks

To: "Ruggiero, Larry Maj (Robins AFB)" <Larry.Ruggiero@afrc.af.mil>
Subject: Re: 'B Trunk Locks
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:05:36 -0400
Ruggiero, Larry Maj (Robins AFB) wrote:

> Listers: is it me, or has anyone else had trouble fitting replacement MGB
> trunk locks?

HAH! No, it is most certainly not you alone. I would like to show you
the paint on my (newly) painted bootlid around the lock hole. I did the
very same thing you did. and at about three in the morning I got
careless (hence the bad paint). Right now I have a truce going with the
rear lock, it is very loose and has to be manipulated 'just' right to
open (better than any lock system out there). I am anxiously waiting a
reply to your query that starts with; Oh, that's easy, you just......

Carl W. French

Uh, obviously when you fit your third lockset do not put the large
circular nut in place until it is adjusted so when it does not open you
just lift it out and get another beer while you think it over.