Re: Crank Oil Thrower

To: gbaker@customcpu.com (Baker, G.)
Subject: Re: Crank Oil Thrower
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 16:03:46
At 11:04 AM 10/29/99 -0800, G. Baker wrote:

>  I sealed up the timing cover tonight and installed the new improved
crank oil thrower with the "F" facing the front.  This seems directly in
conflict with the directions but I just couldn't see what else the "F"
could stand for beside "Front".  Did I do it right or do I have to take the
cover back off? Has anyone had any experience with the new and improved
crank oil thrower?

When you install that part on an MGA you also need the timing cover with
the rubber seal from a MGA-1600-MKII (1622 engine), or from an MGB 3-main
1800 engine.  The "F" on the new thrower is indeed the front, which places
the large flange offset a bit to the back.  This is to clear the shell
inside of the new timing cover where the rubber seal is mounted.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntzource.com/~barneymg