Re: Junkyard Jewels.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Junkyard Jewels.
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 18:10:58 -0400
Kevin D Richards wrote:

> CARS LOCATED IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA, 540 AREA CODE.
>
> Ok, down at the junkyard today having a good stroll around...
> I found that the 59 bugeye that was there went to a good home....someone
> from the mg list serve....that is good..keep them away from the crusher.
> Here is what I found today:
> 1 CB MGBGT, unknown vintage, sheet metal only.
> 2 midgets, CB, unknown vintage, one with wires...ROUGH, maybe a good
> boot lid out of it.
> ??Dauphine Deluxe??4dr, looks italian? any listers know what this is?
> The nicest out of all of them: just arrived:
> Sunbeam Talbot 90. Looks to be of pre 1950 vintage. Complete down to the
> hubcaps with the sunbeam cloisonne center. Looks complete, runs, frame
> looks good, white wall tires, extra bits (new), and it looks like
> someone's abandoned resto project.
>
> Also, a RHD Jag xj6 of late 60's, early 70's vintage.
>
> Call me or email
> 540 341 1008
> CARS LOCATED IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA, 540 AREA CODE.

The Dauphine is probably a late 50's Renault - My first car was a
Renault Dauphine - Paid $50 for it in Paris and had an accident the
first night! Right in front of the Tour Eifel and the Trocodero.  Was
still drivable and I drove it for about a year until I had saved enuf to
buy my first NEW car - It was a Triumph Spitfire which I ordered from
the factory with US Specs. for delivery in Paris - total cost $1,800.
delivered.  Eventually shipped it to Ottawa, Canada when I was
reassigned from the Embassy in Paris to the Embassy in Ottawa.

Rick