Removing the dash switches

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing the dash switches
From: "Tony Woodruff" <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 08:36:06 -0800
With regard to my 67 MGB-GT

I can't seem to be able to remove the dashboard switches (e.g. heater fan,
wiper motor, dash lights, etc.)

As you all know, there is a slotted ring around the center of the switch.  I
presume that ring is turned counter-clockwise and then the switch assembly is
removed from behind the metal dash.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Trouble is - the ring won't budge!  I've tried to "learn" how it works by
employing a large screwdriver on the front and a pair of pliers behind holding
the housing (my dash-light switch is not in good condition otherwise).    I've
also taken a large pliers to the front of the switch and tried to twist.

Clearly I'm missing something obvious.  I know you'll know just what it is!

Best to all,

Tony W.
67 MGB
67 MGB-GT - with stuck switches