Re: MGA Twinkie question

To: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Subject: Re: MGA Twinkie question
From: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 16:59:06 -0500
Your story is a perfect example of why MG's and other LBC got such a bad
reputation for reliability. The dealers were irresolute idiots and incompetent
too. The fact that many of us rebuilt and maintain our MG's to a state of utter
reliability causes me to suspect that if there were a moderate number of trained
dealer mechanics to service the cars way back then, the cars would have earned
the reputation they deserved instead of the one they got. It is clear to me that
the big revolution the Japanese brought to automobiles was not that they could
design and build a better car; it is their requiring the training and
certification of the dealers' mechanics and service departments.

IMHFO,

Jim