Back W/ Midget

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back W/ Midget
From: "Terry Williams" <t.williams@mrg.ca>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 20:32:16 -0500
Hello Listers;

I haven't been on this list for more than year, due to a variety of
reasons, but I have returned with a vengeance...more correctly, with a '77
Midget.

Couple of weeks ago, I fell for the car, and it's now sequestered in my
garage with stable mates, the BGT (markled 25 years with the car Oct. 10),
and the roadster. Part of the rationale for the car, is my 16 year old son,
who can't, for insurance policy reasons, drive either of the Bs (Thank
God!), but a road-going Midget on a regular policy just might work.

So, we got the car for a reasonable price - with a factory hardtop no less!
Drove it home, noting the pointed-out required LF shock. Need one. While
it's had a share of rust repair, it's not as bad as one would imagine a '77
Midget in Nova Scotia, Canada to be. Car was licenced up to this past Sept.
so the goal will be to tend to it's roadworthyness for spring. A rolling
restoration is the goal.

As it's a 1500, there's been some interesting carb changes. It now wears a
single SU with a home-made adaptor to the Stromberg intake. Works, but not
well. SO here's question 1 - dual SUs on a 1500? From aTriumph? Were twin
SUs ever available on the 1500 Midget. I am in the market for twin SUs,
manifold etc.

The other missing items are interior. Much of the trim bits. finishers etc
are missing. Is there a trim piece across the rear cowl (ala MGB?). Now,
here's another question. Autmn Leaf differs from Bisquit how? Is Autumn
Leaf the darker colour? Need alot, and not interested in perfect - just
useable.

Has the list split off to a Midget/Sprite thread? Anyone with expertise in
Midgets, I'd love to hear from. I've spent more than 25 years exclusively
with Bs, and the Midget is going to open a whole set of new doors....come
to think of it, I might need those too?

Please contact me directly at  t.williams@mrg.ca

Cheers from the Atlantic Coast of Canada!
Terry Williams
'70 BGT
'68 MGB
'77 Midget