Re: Twinkie indeed

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Twinkie indeed
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:58:09 -0500
Dear List:

Thanks for the input on the MGA Twin Cam.  Though I am currently occupied
with my Midget, an old postcard showing a red MGA 1600 Mark II has sat on my
desk since I got interested in acquiring one of these cars.

Speaking of quallity, my first insight onto the behavior of British
sportscars came from my mother, who drove a TR-4 throughout high school and
college, white, with a red leather interior.  She had the dealer service it
routinely through that period, and never once had a breakdown, or even a
flat tire.

The term twinkie is rather annoying, isn't it?!  But hey... it got people
talking.

All this talk about substantial performance gains over the 1500 beg the
question as to whether or not the intake manifold/carb assembly would have
been hospitable to the installation of another MGA period accessory, the
Judson supercharger.  How many twin cams are still on the road?  I don't
recall seeing any at shows or for sale ever.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com