Question on dash instrumentation (78 MGB)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Question on dash instrumentation (78 MGB)
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:08:41 EST
I recently became the proud owner of a 78 MGB roadster. I noticed something
yesterday concerning the dash instrumentation. Above the temp gauge and in
the upper right hand of the driver side dash is a battery charging gauge (its
round and fits perfectly in the available hole). However, I suspect someone
has installed it seeing as how its a Stewart Warner gauge (SW logo in the
bottom of the gauge). Is this where the clock was originally? I don't have an
owners manual or a picture of the original dash for reference. Can anyone
tell me what originally was installed there? T I A....Bill

78 MGB roadster
62 MKII MGA roadster