Re: Off Topic -- Static Electricity

To: richard.arnold@juno.com
Subject: Re: Off Topic -- Static Electricity
From: TravelMW@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 07:21:17 -0600
I read of the same problem recently in a newspaper column. Seems the
tire makers are using less carbon black in tires these days. The carbon
black, being an excellent conductor, was very good at grounding a
vehicle and channelling that static to the ground. Their suggestion was
to install a grounding strap to the structure of the car and let the
other end drag on the ground, thus accomplishing what your tires used to
do.

I am considering doing the same, since I too am being subject to little
jolts when I get out of my daily driver.

Chris Rogers
Des Moines, IA
'64 MGB