Re: Veterans Day no LBC

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Veterans Day no LBC
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 00:48:35 +0000
j r overcash wrote:

> Thursday November 11 is Veterans Day, here in the US.  There are a
> number of  active duty and veterans on this list.  Please take a
> moment to reflect on the sacrifices these individuals make to allow
> us to have the freedoms we do.

November 11th is Rememberance Day in Australia... similar sentiments.
We have our largest deployment of servicemen on active duty overseas
since Vietnam -  doing dangerous stuff in East Timor and putting
themselves on the line to help bring about the long-fought-for and
hard-won freedom of a neighbouring people.

This Rememberance Day should be a little closer to the forefront in
people minds here, this year.

Eric
'68MGB MkII