Good Vibrations - Resolved

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good Vibrations - Resolved
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 01:06:16 +0000
As a follow-up to my recent "front end vibrations" mail I provide the
following.

1 - Re-balance wire wheels
2 - Re-align front end
3 - Replace control arm bushes (that had splayed and were falling to
pieces - all of them - so that the rubber outers were hardly doing a
thing - just the metal inners.  Hence the movement and the clunk.

Replaced them with NOLA/synthetic (pretty blue colour) bushes and all is
clunk and vibration free now.

I think the 7/8 sway bar and the slide off the track may have been the
last straw for those old bushes, but they were on their way out anyway.

She is running like a dream now - thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Eric
'68MGB MkII