Re: heater control question (MGB)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: heater control question (MGB)
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:40:38 -0800
Let me see if I can describe this. There should be a little separate
piece of metal that hooks into the bracket or frame of the back of the
control knob, and is held down by a small screw. This is the clamp which
secures the control cable sheath. The cable itself is secured by a tiny
set-screw-type gizmo. If you open the bonnet and look at the other end of
the cable at the heater control valve, you will see the identical
arrangement, which may help you get a clearer picture of what is going on.

I would definitely lubricate the teeth and shaft while you're at it..

Nina Barton had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149