heater control question (MGB)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: heater control question (MGB)
From: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:24:10 -0800
A friend helped me to take apart the screen/interior knob from my 71 BGT a
year ago because it was bent and didn't operate very well.  It has since
been repaired and I now find myself putting it back together.  Should I
grease the teeth and turning mechanism before reassembling?  I have cleaned
off all the old crud and it is nice and clean now.  Also, there is a little
round hole which the wire seems like it should go through, but it needs to
be attached somehow.  On the other side, up under the dash at an angle
which makes it hard to see clearly with the wires in the way, there appears
to be a nut and bolt which holds this  wire in place.  Is this right, and
does anyone out there know what size this is supposed to be?  Mine seems to
have been lost in the shuffle, and since these are N/A at Moss, I just
don't know what to try and get.  Thanks in advance,  Nina