Re: 79B nervous at highway speeds

To: "The Gernerts" <gernert@iname.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 79B nervous at highway speeds
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:54:37 -0800
For what it's worth, I drive my '77B quite often at a steady 75 to 80 mph
and it feels as safe and steady as my wife's Toyota Camry at that speed. I
have the same big rubber bumper you do and no air dam. No spoiler on the
trunk lid, either...........:-)

My guess is you have one or more of the following: incorrect tire pressures,
tires out of balance, loose front wheel bearings, worn front suspension
bushings, loose bolts holding the front shocks to the subframe (a very
common problem on MGBs), loose bolts holding the A-arm pivots to the
subframe (another common problem), loose U-bolts holding the rear axle, worn
bushings in the rear suspension, worn out shock absorbers (front or
rear)...........and so the list goes on.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center
www.britcars.com