Re: OD transmission problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OD transmission problems
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:36:28 -0700
I guess I'm going to have to try the pipe wrench. I tried with vise grips
and it started chewing the plug some more. I think the next plan will be to
pop open the side plate and remove the filter. Since I'll need to clean it
anyway, I might be able to shoot some PB Blaster at the drain plug from there.

Two people told me the filter is metal. My Haynes manual says its felt and
just needs to be rinsed in petrol. Guess I should have read that before I
sent my message out.

Since it actually has been quite warm here in Montana, 60-70 degree
weather, I had to keep the car on the road. So I put the other drain plug
back in, filled the transmission back up with 20-50 Castrol. Winter is
bound to hit here pretty soon, no doubt before the end of the month. So
when the snow flies, I'll park the car back in my heated garage and attack
the drain plug again on the overdrive.

While on the same topic, where can I get this redline stuff? And which one
of their oils? I've seriously thought about using it in the tranny. Can I
get it at one of the big chains like NAPA or do I have to order it from
somewhere?

David
67 BGT
71 BGT